This lovely garden isn’t actually a real Roman garden. It was built in 1949 using real Roman columns and artefacts. It’s a great place to stop and relax while walking Chester’s walls.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Roman Garden include:
- The Nine Houses (0.0 miles) - Architectural gem
- Eastgate Arch and Clock (0.2 miles) - One of Chester's most popular attractions
- The Rows (0.2 miles) - Historic shopping galleries
- Grosvenor Park (0.2 miles) - Victorian-era park in Chester city centre.
- Grosvenor Museum (0.2 miles) - Explores Chester's history
- Chester Cathedral (0.3 miles) - Historic cathedral dating back to 907 AD
- Grosvenor Park Miniature Railway (0.3 miles) - 7.25 inch gauge miniature railway
Places to shop near Roman Garden include:
- Grosvenor Shopping Centre (0.1 miles) - Shopping centre in the heart of Chester.
Hotels near Roman Garden include:
- The Townhouse Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Oddfellows Chester (0.1 miles)
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel (0.2 miles)
- The Chester Grosvenor (0.2 miles)
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel (0.2 miles)
- The Coach House Inn (0.3 miles)
- Hotel Indigo - Chester (0.3 miles)
- Crowne Plaza Chester (0.4 miles)
- Mill Hotel & Spa (0.4 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Chester - Racecourse (0.5 miles)
- Hallmark Inn Chester - Westminster Hotel (0.6 miles)
- Hallmark Hotel - The Queen, Chester (0.6 miles)
- Brookside Hotel (0.9 miles)
- Hamilton Court Hotel (1 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Roman Garden include:
- Chester Train Station (0.6 miles) - Station serving Chester.
Map showing location of Roman Garden.
Address and postcode
Reviews and Additional Information
I agree with Cynthia. It’s a good spot to take a break while walking the walls.
I wouldn’t class this an attraction and come specifically to visit it. It is however a nice place to stop while walking the walls.