Let’s face it, Blackpool’s weather can sometimes, shall we say, leave a little to be desired. At the Sandcastle Waterpark, however, the temperature is a constant, sub-tropical 84°F.
Blackpool’s indoor water park is the biggest of its kind in the UK. It features numerous attractions and rides including:
- Masterblaster – the world’s longest indoor rollercoaster waterslide
- Sidewinder – vertical drop raft ride
- HMS Thundersplash – water jets and cannons
- Caribbean Storm Treehouse – water cannons, jets and blasters
- Ushi-Gushi River Creek – lazy river ride
- Treetops Water Chutes – family-friendly slides
- Duelling Dragons – Two 25m water chutes – great for racing with a friend
Two new slides are set to open in summer 2011; Montazooma and Aztec Falls.
Facilities here include a several restaurants and bars, swimming and gift shops, video arcade, bars, baby changing area, cash machine, plus male, female and family changing rooms (all with lockers).
Prices and Discounts
Standard prices for 2011 are: adults (12 and over) £12, and children (3 – 11) £10, and seniors (60+) £7.50. Children aged 2 and under enjoy free admission.
The Masterblaster and Sidewider rides are located within the Hyperzone. Visitors wishing to ride these rides must purchase a Hyperzone Wristband. These cost £3.75 (or £2.50 for children aged 6 – 7, guests must be 8 to ride the Masterblaster).
Family tickets and annual passes giving discounts are also available.
Visitors booking online receive a 10 percent discount.
The attraction is open all year, but actual opening and closing times vary by season. For a calendar giving exact details of times visit the official website.
Sandcastle Waterpark is located on Blackpool’s South Shore, opposite the Pleasure Beach.
The attraction changed its name in 2007. It was previously called Sandcastle Waterworld.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Sandcastle Waterpark include:
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach (0.1 miles) - Britain's biggest tourist attraction. Theme park with 150 rides
- South Pier (0.1 miles) - Pier near Pleasure Beach. Features extreme rides such as the Skyscreamer and Skycoaster.
Hotels near Sandcastle Waterpark include:
- Aparthotel Blackpool (0.1 miles)
- Boulevard Hotel (0.1 miles)
- The Danescourt (0.2 miles)
- Danescourt Lodge (0.2 miles)
- OYO Silver Strand Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Golden Strand Hotel (0.2 miles)
- MY I SKY PROMENADE HOTEL (0.3 miles)
- The Big Blue Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Just Roomz - By The Beach (0.4 miles)
- Elmfield (0.5 miles)
- Pleasure Hotel by the Beach (0.5 miles)
- The Colwyn Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Clifton Court Hotel (0.5 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Sandcastle Waterpark include:
Map showing location of Sandcastle Waterpark.
Address and postcode