The Thwaites Empire Theatre is an entertainment venue just outside Blackburn town centre. It offers a varied programme of shows including theatrical performances, rock and pop concerts, musicals, comedy. The Christmas pantomime here is always popular.
On the first Monday of every month the theatre hosts the Monday Club. The afternoon show typically features a compere, vocalist, and musicians. Entry, including tea and biscuits, is just a few pounds.
The theatre is an intimate venue with just over 300 seats (stalls and balcony). All seats offer good views of the stage and plenty of legroom. Drink prices at the bar are pretty reasonable.
Thwaites Empire Theatre is located in the Ewood Area of Blackburn, at the junction of the A666 and Aqueduct Road (postcode BB2 4HT). The Aqueduct Road Car Park is just across the road from the theatre. Parking is free.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Thwaites Empire Theatre include:
- Blackburn Ice Arena (0.8 miles) - Ice skating rink in Blackburn town centre.
- Witton Country Park (1.0 miles) - Impressive country park with picnic spots, nature trails, woodlands and farmland.
Places to shop near Thwaites Empire Theatre include:
- Nova Scotia Retail Park (0.7 miles) - Features a large B&Q store, plus Carpetright, Poundstretcher, and Pets at Home
- Townsmoor Retail Park (0.8 miles) - Argos, Next, TK Maxx and more
- Peel Centre Blackburn (0.8 miles) - Stores here are Asda, Halfords, Mothercare, Maplin, JYSK, and Asda. The Blackburn Ice Arena is also here.
- Peel Leisure and Retail Park (0.9 miles) - Retail and leisure park with cinema.
Hotels near Thwaites Empire Theatre include:
- Blakewater Hotel (1 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Thwaites Empire Theatre include:
- Mill Hill Train Station (0.5 miles) - Train station serving the Mill Hill suburb of Blackburn.
Map showing location of Thwaites Empire Theatre.
Thwaites Empire Theatre
Address and postcode