This train station serves Ashton-under-Lyne, a town in Tameside, Greater Manchester. It lies on the Huddersfield Line, the railway connecting Manchester to West Yorkshire. Services calling here include trains from Manchester Victoria to Huddersfield.
The station has two platform and fairly basic facilities such as a ticket office and waiting room.
Ashton-under-Lyne Train Station is situated on Turner Lane at the northern end of the town centre (postcode OL6 6JP). There’s a small car park at the main entrance. Parking is free for rail users.
Ashton Bus Station is also nearby. Buses leave here for destinations such as Chadderton, Failsworth, Glossop, Middleton, Oldham, Rochdale, and Stockport.
Other places within walking distance of the train station include Ashton Retail Park, IKEA, the Ladysmith Shopping Centre, and the Arcades Shopping Centre.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Ashton-under-Lyne Train Station include:
- Hollywood Bowl Ashton (0.7 miles) - Tenpin bowling centre at Ashton Leisure Park.
- Ashton Leisure Park (0.7 miles) - Leisure park in Ashton-under-Lyne with cinema, bowling centre, and a good selection of restaurants.
Cinemas near Ashton-under-Lyne Train Station include:
- Cineworld Ashton-under-Lyne (0.7 miles) - 14-screen cinema at the Ashton Leisure Park in Ashton-under-Lyne.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Ashton-under-Lyne Train Station include:
- Nat's Bombay Kitchen (0.1 miles)
- Lily's (0.3 miles)
- Lilly's (0.3 miles) - Modern cafe in Ashton-under-Lyne town centre. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Afternoon teas offered.
- Pinocchio (0.3 miles) - Italian restaurant in Ashton town centre.
Hotels near Ashton-under-Lyne Train Station include:
- Village Hotel Manchester Ashton (0.9 miles)
Map showing location of Ashton-under-Lyne Train Station.
Ashton-under-Lyne Train Station
Address and postcode