This suburban train station serves the Tonge Moor and Astley Bridge areas of Bolton. It takes its name from nearby Hall i’ th’ Wood, the house where Samuel Crompton invented the Spinning Mule.
Hall i’ th’ Wood Train Station is on the Ribble Valley Line and has two platforms.
Services from this station include trains to Clitheroe, Rochdale, and Manchester Victoria.
The station has limited facilities, just a couple of basic shelters and no ticket office or machine. It does have a free car park though. The entrance is on Crompton Way, adjacent to the Crompton Health Centre (postcode BL1 8UP).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Hall i’ th’ Wood Train Station include:
- Hall i’ th’ Wood (0.3 miles) - Historic house where Samuel Crompton invented the Spinning Mule
- Firwood Fold (0.3 miles) -
- The Valley (0.4 miles) - Leisure park with cinema, several restaurants, and a health club.
Cinemas near Hall i’ th’ Wood Train Station include:
- Cineworld Bolton (0.4 miles) - Cinema at The Valley leisure park in Astley Bridge, Bolton.
Places to shop near Hall i’ th’ Wood Train Station include:
- Bolton Gate Retail Park (1.0 miles) - Shopping park just outside Bolton town centre. Stores include Currys PC World, Wren Kitchens, B&Q, Dunelm, and Hobbycraft.
Map showing location of Hall i’ th’ Wood Train Station.
Hall i’ th’ Wood Train Station