Horwich Parkway is a small train station serving Horwich near Bolton. Close to Junction 6 of the M61 and boasting a large, free car park it is a popular station for commuters working in Manchester.
The station also serves the Middlebrook retail and leisure park (shops, Hollywood Bowl, Vue cinema etc.) and the University of Bolton Stadium (the home ground of Bolton Wanderers – formerly known as the Macron Stadium/Reebok Stadium).
Station facilities include a ticket office, waiting room, cycle storage, and a free car park. There’s a bus stop outside the entrance offering services to Horwich town centre. Middlebrook and the University of Bolton Stadium are within easy walking distance.
As noted previously, Horwich Parkway is easily accessed from Junction 6 of the M61 motorway. Use the postcode BL6 6LB to find it with your sat nav.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Horwich Parkway Train Station include:
- USN Bolton Arena (0.1 miles) - Modern sports and leisure complex
- University of Bolton Stadium – Bolton Wanderers FC (0.2 miles) - Home of Bolton Wanderers Football Club
- Hollywood Bowl (0.4 miles) - Modern tenpin bowling centre at Middlebrook.
Cinemas near Horwich Parkway Train Station include:
- Vue Cinema Bolton (0.4 miles) - 12-screen cinema at Middlebrook.
Places to shop near Horwich Parkway Train Station include:
- Middlebrook Retail and Leisure Park (0.4 miles) - Leisure and retail complex on the outskirts of the town
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Horwich Parkway Train Station include:
- Luciano's at Middlebrook (0.3 miles) - Italian restaurant at Middlebrook, a large retail park in Horwich, Bolton. Ideal for those going to the Vue Cinema or Macron Stadium.
- Chiquito (0.4 miles)
Hotels near Horwich Parkway Train Station include:
- Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel (0.9 miles)
Map showing location of Horwich Parkway Train Station.
Horwich Parkway Train Station
Address and postcode
Arena Approach, Horwich