Manchester Victoria is a train station in central Manchester. It is the city’s second biggest mainline station, after Manchester Piccadilly.
In 2015 a massive redevelopment project was completed. A major element was the addition of a new ‘bubble’ roof. The 8,500 square metre structure consists of 15 steel ribs covered with over 400 EFTE panels. EFTE is a strong polymer also used in the domes at Cornwall’s Eden Project.
Services from this station include trains to Leeds, Manchester Airport, Rochdale, Clitheroe, Newcastle, Wigan North Western, Preston, Kirkby, and Redcar Central.
The Victoria Metrolink Station is also here.
Manchester Victoria is situated on Victoria Station Approach/Hunts Bank (postcode M3 1WY) at the northern end of Manchester city centre.
Car parks within easy walking distance include the APCOA Manchester Victoria Station Car Park (Long Millgate), NCP Manchester Arena, and NCP Manchester Printworks.
Free Metroshuttle buses run from outside the station and ply a circular route around the city centre, calling at Manchester Piccadilly, Oxford Road Train Station, and many other points of interest. Departures are every 10 minutes.
Shudehill Bus Station is just a short walk from the station.
Manchester Piccadilly is approximately one mile from Manchester Victoria. It’s a pleasant walk through the city centre but it’s possible to catch a Metrolink tram there if time is of the essence.
Attractions and places of interest near Manchester Victoria include the Manchester Arena, Manchester Arndale, Chetham’s School of Music, The Printworks, Manchester Cathedral, Corn Exchange, the National Football Museum, Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, and the Royal Exchange Theatre.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Manchester Victoria Train Station include:
- AO Arena (0.1 miles) - The UK's largest indoor arena.
- The Printworks (0.2 miles) - State-of-the-art entertainment complex. Cinema, bars, restaurants and more.
- Royal Exchange Theatre (0.4 miles) - Home of Manchester’s leading theatre company.
Cinemas near Manchester Victoria Train Station include:
- Vue Manchester Printworks (0.2 miles) - 23-screen cinema at the Printworks. View movie listings and times.
Places to shop near Manchester Victoria Train Station include:
- Corn Exchange (0.2 miles) - Dining destination in Manchester city centre.
- Manchester Arndale (0.3 miles) - Large shopping centre in Manchester city centre.
- Manchester Craft and Design Centre (0.4 miles) - Home to around 20 studios and artists.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Manchester Victoria Train Station include:
- Chiquito (0.1 miles)
- Alston Bar and Beef (0.2 miles) - Steakhouse and gin bar at the Corn Exchange, Manchester. Close to Manchester Cathedral, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, the Printworks, and the National Football Museum.
- Mowgli Street Food (0.2 miles)
- Gino D'Acampo (0.2 miles)
- Pho (0.2 miles)
- Hard Rock Cafe (0.2 miles)
- Wahaca (0.2 miles)
- The Old Wellington (0.2 miles)
- The Pasta Factory (0.2 miles)
- This and That (0.3 miles) - Unpretentious Indian cafe in Manchester’s Northern Quarter. Offers a simple menu that changes daily. Specialises in rice and three curry dishes. Located close to the Printworks and Manchester Arndale.
- Dough Pizza Kitchen (0.3 miles)
- Luck, Lust, Liquor and Burn (0.3 miles)
- TNQ Restaurant and Bar (0.3 miles)
- 63 Degrees (0.3 miles)
- V-Rev Vegan Diner (0.3 miles)
- Yard & Coop (0.3 miles)
- TGI Fridays (0.3 miles)
- EastZEast (0.3 miles)
- Northern Soul Grilled Cheese (0.3 miles) - Cafe in the Northern Quarter of Manchester. Claims to be the UK’s first grilled cheese restaurant. Great atmosphere. Close to Afflecks and the Manchester Arndale.
- Home Sweet Home (0.4 miles)
- Lunya (0.4 miles)
- Annies (0.4 miles)
- The Botanist (0.4 miles)
- Las Iguanas (0.4 miles)
- Chaophraya (0.4 miles)
- Thai Kitchen No. 6 (0.4 miles) - Authentic Thai restaurant in Manchester city centre. Close to the Royal Exchange Theatre.
- Sam's Chop House (0.4 miles)
- Evuna NQ (0.4 miles)
Hotels near Manchester Victoria Train Station include:
- Hotel Indigo Manchester - Victoria Station (0.1 miles)
- Park Inn by Radisson Manchester City Centre (0.2 miles)
- The Mitre Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre - Arena (0.3 miles)
- Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Abel Heywood Boutique Hotel (0.3 miles)
- AC Hotel by Marriott Manchester City Centre (0.4 miles)
- Motel One Manchester-Royal Exchange (0.4 miles)
- Stock Exchange Hotel (0.4 miles)
Map showing location of Manchester Victoria Train Station.
Manchester Victoria Train Station
Address and postcode