This bus station serves Bolton in Greater Manchester. It is located in the town centre and offers around thirty stands, a café, travel shop, and toilets.
Services are offered throughout Bolton, Greater Manchester, and Lancashire. Destinations include Blackburn, Bury, Manchester, Preston, Rawtenstall, Rochdale, Stockport, the Trafford Centre, and Wigan.
Bolton Bus Station is situated on Moor Lane in Bolton town centre (postcode BL1 4TH). Bolton Museum, the Octagon Theatre, Bolton Town Hall, Bolton Market, and the Market Place are all within easy walking distance.
The Albion pub is just across the road and offers food, cask ales, and a pool table. It’s a decent place to pass the time while waiting for a bus.
It is a fairly old station and is scheduled to close in 2016. It will be replaced by a new bus station and transport interchange, adjacent to Bolton Train Station.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bolton Bus Station include:
- Bolton Museum, Art Gallery & Aquarium (0.1 miles) - Home to one of the largest collections of Egyptian artefacts outside London.
- Octagon Theatre (0.1 miles) - Producing theatre in Bolton town centre.
- Albert Halls (0.1 miles) - Large theatre in Bolton town centre.
- Queens Park (0.4 miles) - Large park near Bolton town centre with great playground, lake, and woodland.
- Bolton Steam Museum (1.0 miles) - One of the UK's biggest collection of working steam mill engines.
Places to shop near Bolton Bus Station include:
- Crompton Place (0.3 miles) - Shopping centre in Bolton. Stores include BHS, Primark, and Boots.
- Market Place (0.3 miles) - Large shopping centre in Bolton.
- Bolton Shopping Park (0.3 miles) - Stores include Boots, TK Maxx, Next and Sainsbury's.
- Central Retail Park (0.5 miles) - Small shopping park on Manchester Road in Bolton. Stores include B&M, Pets at Home, and Iceland.
- Bolton Gate Retail Park (0.7 miles) - Shopping park just outside Bolton town centre. Stores include Currys PC World, Wren Kitchens, B&Q, Dunelm, and Hobbycraft.
- Trinity Retail Park (0.7 miles) - Stores here are Arnold Clark and Office Outlet.
- Burnden Park (0.9 miles) - Retail park on the site of the old Burnden Park football stadium. Stores include ASDA, Abakhan, and Home Bargains.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Bolton Bus Station include:
- Tapaz Ristorante (0.3 miles) - Mediterranean tapas restaurant in Bolton town centre. Good quality food and service.
Hotels near Bolton Bus Station include:
- Holiday Inn Bolton Centre (0.4 miles)
Map showing location of Bolton Bus Station.
Bolton Bus Station
Address and postcode