Bury Bolton Street Train Station is the busiest of the six stations on the East Lancashire Railway. Many passengers taking a trip on the line choose to begin their journey here.
The Trackside pub is on Platform 2 of the station and is popular with real ale fans.
The station is on Bolton Street, at the western end of Bury town centre (postcode BL9 0EY). There’s a reasonably large pay-and-display car park at the side of the station.
Bury’s Cultural Quarter is immediately east of the station. Places to visit here include the Fusilier Museum, The Met, and Bury Art Museum. The Mill Gate Shopping Centre, Bury Market and The Rock are also within easy walking distance.
Bury Metrolink Station is just a third of a mile from the station and offers direct tram services to Manchester city centre and Altrincham.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bury Bolton Street Train Station include:
- The Fusilier Museum (0.1 miles) - This museum tells the story of the Lancashire Fusiliers and the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.
- AMF Bowling Bury (0.4 miles) - Modern tenpin bowling alley at The Rock in Bury town centre.
Cinemas near Bury Bolton Street Train Station include:
- Vue Cinema Bury (0.3 miles) - 10-screen cinema at The Rock, Bury.
Places to shop near Bury Bolton Street Train Station include:
- Mill Gate Shopping Centre (0.2 miles) - Shopping centre in Bury. Stores include Boots, WHSmith, TJ Hughes, and Waterstones.
- Bury Market (0.3 miles) - Widely regarded as the best market in the UK
- Woodfields Retail Park (0.3 miles) - Retail park on the edge of Bury town centre. Stores include Tesco, Currys, Boots, and Next.
- Angouleme Retail Park (0.4 miles) - Stores here include PC World, Argos, and TK Maxx.
- The Rock (0.4 miles) - Shopping centre with cinema and tenpin bowling alley
- Halls Mill Retail Park (0.4 miles) - Retail park in Bury town centre. Stores here are Smyths, Bensons for Beds, and Pets at Home.
- Moorgate Retail Park (0.5 miles) - Stores here are Carpetright, Halfords, and Home Bargains.
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Bury Bolton Street Train Station include:
- The Clarence (0.1 miles)
- Darbar (0.1 miles) - Small, authentic Indian restaurant in Bury town centre. Close to the Met.
- Taste of Cambodia (0.1 miles) - Cambodian restaurant in Bury town centre. Vegan options. Near the Fusilier Museum and East Lancs Railway (Bolton Street Station).
- Leckenby's (0.2 miles) - Cafe in the Mill Gate Shopping Centre. Offers breakfast, sandwiches, afternoon tea, and more.
Map showing location of Bury Bolton Street Train Station.
Bury Bolton Street Train Station
Address and postcode