33 is the country calling code for France.
France is a country on the continent of Europe. The capital city of France is Paris.
How to Call France from the UK
To call a telephone number in France from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for France - 33.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
Area Codes and Landlines
A French phone number contains 10 numbers. The first two digits are the area code, while the following digits are the subscriber’s number.
In France, there are five distinct telephone zones. They are:
- Paris region – 01
- Northwest France – 02
- Northeast France – 03
- Southeast France – 04
- Southwest France – 05
When calling France from outside the country, the 0 prefix is not necessary. It is used for all other calls, even those made from a landline in the same area.
For example, to call a number in Paris 01XXXXXXXX from the UK or overseas:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), the French country code (33), the area code (without the 0), and finally the subscriber number, e.g., 00-33-1XXXXXXXX or +33-1XXXXXXXX.
When calling France from the UK, please note the time difference between the United Kingdom and France.
The local time in France is now . The date is .
The local time in the UK is now . The date is .
The time difference between France and UK (United Kingdom) is 1 hour.
The currency used in France is the euro (EUR).
The current exchange rates between the euro and the British pound (EUR to GBP, GBP to EUR) are:
- 1 euro (EUR) = 0.845 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1.184 EUR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
France – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of France in recent years is:
- 2018 - 66,977,107
- 2017 - 66,865,144
- 2016 - 66,721,256
- 2015 - 66,548,272
- 2014 - 66,312,067
- 2013 - 65,998,687
Map of France
The location of France is shown on the map below.