33 is the country calling code for France.
France is a country on the continent of Europe. The capital city of France is Paris.
How to Call France from the UK
To call a telephone number in France from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for France - 33.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
When calling France from the UK, please note the time difference between the United Kingdom and France.
The local time in France is now . The date is .
The local time in the UK is now . The date is .
The time difference between France and UK (United Kingdom) is 1 hour.
The currency used in France is the euro (EUR).
The current exchange rates between the euro and the British pound (EUR to GBP, GBP to EUR) are:
- 1 euro (EUR) = 0.903 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1.107 EUR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
France – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of France in recent years is:
- 2018 - 66,977,107
- 2017 - 66,865,144
- 2016 - 66,721,256
- 2015 - 66,548,272
- 2014 - 66,312,067
- 2013 - 65,998,687
Useful information about France
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): FR
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): FRA
- Region: Europe
- Capital: Paris
- Area: 640,679 square km
- Language(s): French
- Borders: Andorra, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Spain, Switzerland
Map of France
The location of France is shown on the map below.