34 is the country calling code for Spain.
Spain is a country on the continent of Europe. The capital city of Spain is Madrid.
How to Call Spain from the UK
To call a telephone number in Spain from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Spain - 34.
- Dial the number of the person/business.
Area Codes and Landlines
In Spain, landline numbers are 9 digits long.
Even when dialling from the same region, all numbers are dialled.
The area is indicated by the first three digits.
Area codes for the biggest cities in Spain are listed below:
- Barcelona – 931 to 938
- Bilbao – 944
- Madrid – 911 to 918
- Seville – 954/955
- Valencia – 960 to 963
For example, to call a number in Madrid 911XXXXXX from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix (00/+), the country code for Spain (34), , then the subscriber number e.g. 00-34-911XXXXXX or +34-911XXXXXX.
When telephoning Spain from the UK, please note the time difference between the United Kingdom and Spain.
The local time in Spain is now . The date is .
The local time in the UK is now . The date is .
The time difference between Spain and UK (United Kingdom) is 1 hour.
The currency used in Spain is the euro (EUR).
The current exchange rates between the euro and the British pound (EUR to GBP, GBP to EUR) are:
- 1 euro (EUR) = 0.845 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1.184 EUR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Spain – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Spain in recent years is:
- 2018 - 46,796,540
- 2017 - 46,593,236
- 2016 - 46,484,062
- 2015 - 46,444,832
- 2014 - 46,480,882
- 2013 - 46,620,045
Map of Spain
The location of Spain is shown on the map below.