353 is the country calling code for Ireland.
Ireland is a country on the continent of Europe. The capital city of Ireland is Dublin.
How to Call Ireland from the UK
To call a telephone number in Ireland from the UK:
- Dial the international call prefix. For calls from the UK this is 00 (or '+' from mobile phones).
- Dial the country code for Ireland - 353.
- Dial the number of the person/business, omitting the first zero if there is one.
The currency used in Ireland is the euro (EUR).
The current exchange rates between the euro and the British pound (EUR to GBP, GBP to EUR) are:
- 1 euro (EUR) = 0.903 GBP
- 1 British pound (GBP) = 1.107 EUR
Exchange rates on this page were last updated on .
Ireland – Facts and Figures
According to data from the World Bank, the population of Ireland in recent years is:
- 2018 - 4,867,309
- 2017 - 4,807,388
- 2016 - 4,755,335
- 2015 - 4,701,957
- 2014 - 4,657,740
- 2013 - 4,623,816
Useful information about Ireland
- Two-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2): IE
- Three-letter Country Code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3): IRL
- Region: Europe
- Capital: Dublin
- Area: 70,273 square km
- Language(s): Irish, English
- Borders: United Kingdom
Map of Ireland
The location of Ireland is shown on the map below.