Preston Train Station is a busy station in Preston city centre. It’s an important stop on the West Coast Mainline and offers both intercity and regional rail services.
The station has reasonable facilities such as a bar, café, and shop.
The station is located on Fishergate, just west of the Fishergate Shopping Centre, and within easy walking distance of the St George’s Shopping Centre, Avenham Park, Miller Park, and the Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre.
There’s a taxi rank just outside the front entrance on Fishergate. Cars can also drop passengers here but no waiting is permitted.
Short-stay and long-stay car parks are situated on Butler Street, between the station and the Fishergate Shopping Centre. The short-stay car park is free for 20 minutes. Peak time rates for the long-stay car park are quite expensive.
Satellite navigation system users can use the postcode PR1 8AP to find Preston Train Station.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Preston Train Station include:
- Miller Park (0.3 miles) - Formal park in Preston city centre.
- Avenham Park (0.3 miles) - Beautiful park in Preston city centre.
- Harris Museum and Art Gallery (0.4 miles) - The largest gallery space in Lancashire.
- Preston Guild Hall and Charter Theatre (0.5 miles) - Entertainment complex in Preston city centre.
Cinemas near Preston Train Station include:
- Odeon Preston (0.9 miles) - 10-screen cinema at Riversway Docklands.
Places to shop near Preston Train Station include:
- Fishergate Shopping Centre (0.1 miles) - Stores include Argos, TK Maxx, Debenhams, and Primark.
- St George’s Shopping Centre (0.3 miles) - The biggest shopping centre in Preston.
Hotels near Preston Train Station include:
- No.10 Preston (0.2 miles)
- Winckley Square Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Legacy Preston International Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Holiday Inn Preston (0.6 miles)
Map showing location of Preston Train Station.
Preston Train Station
Address and postcode