The Blackpool Pleasure Beach amusement park is situated on the town’s South Shore and is Britain’s biggest tourist attraction.
New in 2011 – Nickelodeon Land
Nickelodeon Land is a joint venture between Pleasure Beach and the Nickelodeon entertainment brand. It opened at the start of the 2011 season and is situated at the southern end of the park.
Rides include Spongebob’s Splash Bay – ride with water canons, Bikini Bottom Bus Tour – pirate ship type ride, Krusty Krab Order Up – mini version of the Ice Blast, Diego’s Rainforest Rescue, Fairy World Taxi Spin – mini version of the Flying Machines, Avatar Airbender – spinning pirate ship type ride, Wonder Pets Big Circus Bounce, Backyardigan’s Pirate Treasure, Blue Flyer – small rollercoaster, Nickelodeon Streak – rollercoaster, and Rugrats Lost River – log flume.
The park boasts around 150 rides. Major rides include:
- Infusion – The world’s first suspended looping coaster operating entirely over water.
- Avalanche – The UK’s only bobsleigh ride.
- Bling – Riders are lifted 100 feet above the ground and spun through the air on giant gondolas.
- Grand National – Europe’s first twin-track racing coaster and one of the most popular wooden rollercoasters in the world.
- Big Dipper – Classic wooden rollercoaster.
- Pepsi Max Big One – Until 2002 this was the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in Europe.
- Valhalla – Costing over £15 million, this is the world’s biggest water-borne dark ride.
- Steeplechase – 3-lane tracked rollercoaster. Riders sit on a horse.
- Ice Blast – Riders are catapulted up at steel tower at 80 mph. Great views at the top.
- Irn Bru Revolution – Looping rollercoaster.
- Wild Mouse – The craziest ride at the park.
Wristbands, Tickets, Discounts, Prices, and Vouchers
To enter Blackpool Pleasure Beach visitors must buy an Unlimited Ride Wristband, a Pleasure Beach Pass, or a Season Ticket.
Pleasure Beach Pass
Until recently admission to the Pleasure Beach was free. Visitors were free to enter the park and wander round, only paying if they wished to go on one of their rides. In 2009 the park changed their policy and introduced the Pleasure Beach Pass.
Passes cost £5 and give entrance to the park plus and allow them to ride Pleasure Beach Express, explore the Chinese Puzzle Maze, and watch the South Beach Show.
Unlimited Ride Wristbands
Unlimited Ride Wristbands give entry to the park and allow unlimited riding all day.
Prices depend on the age of visitor. For 2011 standard prices are:
- Adult (12 and over) – 1 day £32, 2 day £50
- Junior (2 – 11) – 1 day £27, 2 day £45
- Senior (65 and over) –1 day £27 – 2 day £45
Entrance for babies and toddlers (0 – 1) is free, but height restrictions apply on most rides.
Season Passes are available and are ideal for locals and frequent visitors.
Discount & Codes
£5 discounts are available for Unlimited Ride Wristbands booked online. Tickets must be purchased 12 hours in advance.
The easiest and most reliable way to obtain discount codes giving even more money off tickets is to become a fan of the official Pleasure Beach Facebook page. Discount codes and other offers (2 for 1 etc.) are regularly published here.
Tesco Clubcard members can currently exchange their vouchers for tokens that can be exchanged at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for Unlimited Ride Wristbands.
The park is open from February to November. Opening times vary throughout the year. A detailed calendar showing opening and closing times is available on the official website.
Directions, Map and Postcode
Leave the M6 motorway at Junction 32 and follow the M55 until it ends at Blackpool. Pleasure Beach is well signposted from here.
For visitors arriving by car and using satellite navigation, the postcode to enter for Blackpool Pleasure Beach is FY4 1EZ.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach has 5 car parks. The largest are located off Balmoral Road, north of the park, and Bond Street, east of the park, and on the Promenade. Parking charges apply.
The Blackpool Pleasure Beach train station lies on the Fylde Coast branch line and offers frequent services to Blackpool South, St Annes-on-Sea, and Preston.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Blackpool Pleasure Beach include:
- Sandcastle Waterpark (0.1 miles) - Water-based leisure complex
- South Pier (0.2 miles) - Pier near Pleasure Beach. Features extreme rides such as the Skyscreamer and Skycoaster.
Hotels near Blackpool Pleasure Beach include:
- Boulevard Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Aparthotel Blackpool (0.1 miles)
- Golden Strand Hotel (0.2 miles)
- The Danescourt (0.2 miles)
- Danescourt Lodge (0.2 miles)
- OYO Silver Strand Hotel (0.2 miles)
- The Big Blue Hotel (0.3 miles)
- MY I SKY PROMENADE HOTEL (0.3 miles)
- Just Roomz - By The Beach (0.4 miles)
- Elmfield (0.4 miles)
- Pleasure Hotel by the Beach (0.4 miles)
- Clifton Court Hotel (0.4 miles)
- The Colwyn Hotel (0.4 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Blackpool Pleasure Beach include:
Map showing location of Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Address and postcode