The Beatles Story is an award-winning attraction at Liverpool’s Albert Dock that traces the history of the world’s most famous pop group from their early days in Hamburg to their break-up and subsequent solo careers. Exhibits include replicas of the Cavern Club and Brian Epstein’s office, a ‘White Room’ dedicated to John Lennon, plus plenty of rare Beatles artefacts.
Audio guides are available in various languages including English, German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, and Russian.
In 2009 the museum opened a second site at the Mersey Ferries terminal building at Pier Head. It boasts a number of additional attractions including Fab4D, a multi-sensory journey through the music of the Beatles.
The Beatles Story is open every day of the year except Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Opening times are 9 am to 7 pm April 1 to October 31, and 10 am to 6 pm November 1 to March 31.
Facilities at the Albert Dock site include a Beatles-themed Starbucks and a gift shop. There’s also a Beatles store at the Pier Head site.
Tickets can be purchased on the door. Prices are currently £12.95 for adults and £9 for students, the unemployed, and seniors. Admission for children under 16 is £7. Kids under 5 enjoy free entry. Tickets are valid for 48 hours and allow entry to both sites.
The nearest train station is the Merseyrail station at James Street. Visitors travelling by car can choose from car parks at Liverpool One or the Echo Arena. There is also limited pay-and-display car parking at the Albert Dock.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Beatles Story include:
- Albert Dock (0.1 miles) - Liverpool's biggest tourist attraction
- Tate Liverpool (0.1 miles) - One of the largest galleries of modern art outside London
- Merseyside Maritime Museum (0.1 miles) - Explores the city's maritime history
- M&S Bank Arena Liverpool (0.2 miles) - Concert and event venue.
- Museum of Liverpool (0.3 miles) - Museum at Pier Head telling the story of Liverpool and its people
Places to shop near Beatles Story include:
- Liverpool ONE (0.3 miles) - Shopping and leisure development in Liverpool city centre.
Hotels near Beatles Story include:
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool - Royal Albert Dock (0.1 miles)
- Jurys Inn Liverpool (0.1 miles)
- Hilton Liverpool City Centre (0.2 miles)
- Hampton By Hilton Liverpool City Centre (0.2 miles)
- 30 James Street (0.4 miles)
- Days Inn Liverpool (0.4 miles)
- Lock and Key (0.4 miles)
- Innkeeper's Collection, All Bar One, Liverpool City Centre (0.4 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near Beatles Story include:
- Liverpool James Street Train Station (0.4 miles) -
Map showing location of Beatles Story.
Address and postcode