Wigan Bus Station is a bus station in Wigan, Greater Manchester. It is fairly modern and has around twenty stands, a travel shop, and toilets.
Services are offered throughout the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, plus areas in Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire. Destinations include Atherton, Bolton, Hindley, Leigh, Manchester, Ormskirk, Skelmersdale, Southport, St Helens, Tyldesley, and Warrington.
The station is situated in the heart of the town centre, between Hallgate and Market Street. There’s no car park at the station but street parking (pay-and-display) is available on Hallgate.
The Galleries Shopping Centre is located right next to the station. The Grand Arcade is also nearby. The two train stations in Wigan town centre (Wigan Wallgate and Wigan North Western) can be reached on foot in less than five minutes.
Hotels Near Wigan Bus Station
- Mesnes Park - Municipal park close to Wigan town centre.
- AMF Bowling Wigan - Ten pin bowling centre in Wigan.
- Wigan Pier - Area made famous by George Orwell. Currently being redeveloped as the Wigan Pier Quarter.
- Grand Arcade - Shopping centre in Wigan. Stores include Debenhams, Wilko, and TK Maxx.
- Galleries Shopping Centre - Shopping centre in Wigan town centre.
Wigan Bus Station
Address and postcode