The King George’s Hall is Blackburn’s premier concert and entertainment venue. Located in the heart of Blackburn town centre it is a Grade II listed building with magnificent Georgian style entrance.
The venue hosts a varied programme of events and acts ranging from rock and pop concerts to family shows. Regular events include the annual Christmas pantomime, a monthly comedy club, and an afternoon variety show.
King George’s Hall has three performance areas; the Main Concert Hall, Blakey’s, and the Windsor Suite. The Main Concert Hall has a standing capacity of 2300. The seated capacity is 1800. Blakey’s and the Windsor Suite are more intimate venues. The Windsor Suite has a standing capacity of 750 (550 seated) while Blakey’s has a standing capacity of 550 (200 seated).
Tickets can be purchased by calling the box office on 0844 847 1664 or in person from the ticket office at the venue. They can also be bought from online ticketing websites such as Ticketmaster.
Blakey’s Café Bar offers pre-concert dinner and drinks before most of the bigger events.
The venue also offers extensive conference and meeting facilities. Several rooms and suites are available, all equipped with the latest audio-visual equipment.
King George’s Hall is also a popular wedding venue and can cater for small and large parties. Personalised room layouts, equipment hire, and use of kitchen facilities are offered.
King George’s Hall is located on Northgate in Blackburn town centre (postcode BB2 1AA), within easy walking distance of both Blackburn Bus Station and Blackburn Train Station.
Visitors arriving by car can park nearby in the multi-storey car park on Feilden Street (postcode BB2 1LQ). It offers spaces for over 500 vehicles and opening times are coordinated with events at the hall. The car park is owned and managed by Blackburn with Darwen Council. Parking on council-owned car park is free after 3 pm and on Saturdays in Blackburn.
Events - What's On - King George's Hall
A selection of upcoming shows and events at King George's Hall are listed below. Tickets can be purchased here.
|Saturday 30th January 2021 7:00 pm||Big Country|
|Monday 10th May 2021 8:00 pm||Josh Widdicombe - Bit Much...|
|Thursday 7th October 2021 8:00 pm||Jon Richardson - the Knitwit|
|Thursday 11th November 2021 7:30 pm||Chris Ramsey - 20/20|
More events may be listed on the official King George’s Hall website (see the information section at the end of this page).
Tourist attractions and things to do near King George’s Hall include:
- Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery (0.1 miles) - Collections include textiles and looms, local history, natural history, religious icons, and rare books and coins.
- Blackburn Cathedral (0.2 miles) - The only Anglican cathedral in Lancashire.
- Corporation Park (0.3 miles) - Magnificent park near Blackburn town centre.
- Bowlplex Blackburn (0.4 miles) - Modern ten pin bowling alley and entertainment complex
- Blackburn Ice Arena (0.5 miles) - Ice skating rink in Blackburn town centre.
Cinemas near King George’s Hall include:
- Vue Cinema Blackburn (0.4 miles) - 10-screen cinema in Blackburn town centre.
Places to shop near King George’s Hall include:
- The Mall Blackburn (0.1 miles) - The main shopping centre in Blackburn.
- Peel Centre (0.4 miles) - Retail and leisure park with cinema.
- Townsmoor Retail Park (0.5 miles) - Retail park in Blackburn. Stores include Argos, Boots, Next, and TK Maxx.
- Blackburn Retail Park (0.6 miles) - Stores here are Halfords, B&M Bargains, and JYSK. Planet Ice is also here.
- Nova Scotia Retail Park (0.6 miles) - Features a large B&Q store, plus Carpetright, Poundstretcher, and Pets at Home
Hotels near King George’s Hall include:
- Blakewater Hotel (0.3 miles)
Nearby Train Stations
Train stations near King George’s Hall include:
- Blackburn Train Station (0.3 miles) - Train station serving Blackburn town centre.
Map showing location of King George’s Hall.
King George’s Hall
Address and postcode