MediaCityUK Metrolink Station is the best stop for many of the buildings at the development – Quay House (BBC), Bridge House (BBC), Orange Tower (ITV) etc.
The famous Blue Peter Garden lies next to the station. It was opened in 2012 by The Princess Royal, after being moved from its original location at Television Centre in London. Designed by Percy Thrower, it features a fish pond handprints of famous presenters, a bronze statue of Petra (the first Blue Peter pet), and paw prints of other pets. The garden is open to the public.
Facilities at MediaCityUK
Passenger facilities at MediaCityUK Metrolink are summarised below.
|Step-free Access To Platforms||Yes|
|Number of Car Parking Spaces||0|
|Number of Cycle Lockers||0|
|Number of Cycle Stands||0|
|Manned Ticket Office||No|
Facility information last updated on Monday 1st of April 2019.
Tourist attractions and things to do near MediaCityUK Metrolink Station include:
- The Lowry (0.1 miles) - Offers a full range of live entertainment including opera, ballet, musicals, dance, and comedy.
- Imperial War Museum North (0.2 miles) - Fascinating museum exploring how lives are affected by war and conflict.
Cinemas near MediaCityUK Metrolink Station include:
- Vue Lowry Manchester (0.2 miles) - 7-screen cinema at the Lowry Outlet Mall.
Places to shop near MediaCityUK Metrolink Station include:
- Lowry Outlet (0.2 miles) - Discount shopping centre at Salford Quays.
Hotels near MediaCityUK Metrolink Station include:
- Holiday Inn Manchester-Mediacityuk (0.2 miles)
Map showing location of MediaCityUK Metrolink Station.
MediaCityUK Metrolink Station